- MONDAY 1/7 – CHOIR REHEARSAL @ 7:30PM – 9:30PM
- Spring Membership Dues!
- Auditions for Chamber Choir moved to May 2nd.
- Music From The Movies concert
- Ways to volunteer below – Silent Auction Planning for movies concert!
- Old Business
Rehearsal for Music From The Movies, Monday, Jan. 14th at 7:30PM
Preview the repertoire of our next full choir concert! We will be making HCS history as we devote an entire concert to performing songs from the silver screen. Their are lots of solos to go around!
Rehearsal Agenda for Monday: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pF0IOFNWE-Ije8-t9ixR38NqIHaU6A88gFQhMp8HgLo/edit?usp=sharing
🎙Movies Concert selected sound files link:
✏Score markings will soon be posted on the Member’s Corner website soon and should be transferred asap!
(Link coming soon!)
Spring Semester Dues are Due!
Thank you to all members who paid their full season dues in September – you can skip to the next section!
Spring Semester Dues of $50 are due by January 7th. Member dues make up an important part of HCS’ annual budget. HCS depends on and appreciates your timely payment of your dues.
Payment by cash/check/credit card will be accepted at rehearsal on January 7th ONLY! Payments made thereafter must be made online.
Dues can be paid online NOW at: http://www.houstonchoral.org/member-payments/
AUDITIONS FOR CHAMBER CHOIR HAS BEEN CHANGED TO MAY 2nd
Dr. Klotz is moving the Chamber Choir auditions date from Jan. 10 to May 2 (6-9pm).
The purpose of this audition will be to fill vacancies and other necessary spots.
Current members, please email Dr. Klotz (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any conflicts with the June concert so we can plan accordingly.
🙏Please pray for – (please submit prayers requests to email@example.com by Saturday), a healthy birth of her baby, Veronica Frankeny (S2), for the continued health of all our members and volunteers!
Here’s the link for buying tickets online: https://hcs.yapsody.com/
Share 📲 our concert ticket sales link on social media!
SPRING 2019 FUNDRAISER – AUCTION RAFFLE
The Music from The Movies concert will host a special fundraiser event for HCS! There is much planning under way and many helping hands are needed in key positions to make this event a success. Please consider helping in various ways. Please contact Lane Coco at firstname.lastname@example.org. more information will be coming soon. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Help your Section complete an auction basket by donating or soliciting a business you frequent for a donation! Here are the baskets so far:
- SECTION – MOVIE THEME – POC
- S1 – The Breakfast Club – Beth Franklin
- S2 – Under The Tuscan Sun – Carol Thornburg
- A1 – Footloose – Nicole Elliott
- A2 – Titanic – D Comstock
- T1 – (James Bond 007 in) Goldfinger – Charles Thornburg
- T2 – Star Wars – Sean Eary
- B1 – Grease – (Bob Romero? or designee)
- B2 – ???? – (George Englemann? or designee)
- Use the Solicitation Letter and Donation Agreement form with every donation and refer to the guidelines for helpful advice:
- Join the Planning Committee – Next meeting is TBD at the Backyard Grill – 9453 Jones Rd, Houston, TX 77065. Please contact Lane Coco at email@example.com to help make this event a success.
- Chair a subcommittee 😃! More details coming soon!
OLD BUSINESS – Concert Attire Housekeeping
Ladies in HCS Large Choir (Non – Chamber Choir):
If you sang in the Christmas concert, please remove the 2 pieces of red fabric pinned to your top and place it neatly in a quart-sized ziploc baggie. Please write your name on the bag as the pieces were trimmed to fit your blouse. Bring them to rehearsal on Jan. 14th. We plan to reuse these next year. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please turn in your music scores from December concerts on Monday night!
If you ordered a Box Lunch for last Saturday’s workshop, please bring $10 to rehearsal. I will be accepting cash / check payments at Monday’s rehearsal. Here is the link for online payments http://www.houstonchoral.org/member-payments/. Please send me an email, if you choose this option.
Section Administrators and Directors Contacts
If you are running late or need to miss rehearsal, please contact your Section Administrators and Directors.
firstname.lastname@example.org – Beth Franklin & Marguerite Lapetina
email@example.com – Riley Oliver & Lauren Rivera
firstname.lastname@example.org – Taylor Brewer & Doug Crowe
email@example.com – George Engelmann & John Rogers
firstname.lastname@example.org – Penny Nelson
email@example.com -Lori Seelhoff
firstname.lastname@example.org – Sean Eary
email@example.com – Bob Romero