- MONDAY 1/28 – SECTIONALS 7:00PM / CHOIR REHEARSAL @ 7:30PM – 9:30PM
- Monday’s agenda
- Score Markings
- Music From The Movies solo auditions Feb 4th
- Announcement from the HCS Box Office
- Ways to volunteer below – Spring Fundraiser Raffle Planning for movies concert!
- Tonight! New member orientation.
Member’s Corner: http://www.houstonchoral.org/member-corner/
Music From The Movies Rehearsal Info & Resources
PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE! Certain songs may be sung off-book for a better audience experience.
Rehearsal Agenda for Monday: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pF0IOFNWE-Ije8-t9ixR38NqIHaU6A88gFQhMp8HgLo/edit?usp=sharing
🎙Sound Files selected sound files link:
Rehearsal files by VOICE PARTS coming very soon!! Continue to check Member’s Corner under “Rehearsal Files and Links.”
✏Score markings are available through this link to the folder “Music From The Movies.” Please have the markings transferred to your scores!
Solo Auditions for songs for Music From The Movies will take place on Feb 4th, 6:30-7:25PM in the classroom next to the Choir Rm. If you are interested, just show up during this time prepared to sing your chosen solo. The solos are listed on the attached repertoire.
Spring Semester Dues are Due!
Tomorrow is the last day I will be collecting dues by cash/check at rehearsal from New members!
Dues can be paid online NOW at: http://www.houstonchoral.org/member-payments/
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to everyone who paid their dues!!
🙏Please pray for – (please submit prayers requests to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday), for the mother of Marguerite Lapetina (S2-SD), for those among us, our friends and family who struggle with finances and finding employment, for the continued health of all our members and volunteers, for the success of our Spring fundraiser, for an increase in HCS volunteers!
A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE BOX OFFICE
In an effort to streamline ticket distribution and minimize rehearsal disruptions, we will hand out all tickets for choir member sales from 6:30-7pm next Monday, Feb 4. Please plan to come early to pick up your tickets!
4 tickets will be assigned to each member, but extras are available.
All ticket money and any unsold tickets need to be turned in no later than 10 pm on Monday, March 4 (at the end of our first dress rehearsal). Will-Call envelopes will be available at that time to pre-fill out.
Lori Seelhoff (Alto) needs 3 volunteers to help distribute tickets on Feb 4 – please email her if you can help email@example.com
Feel free to email Lori if you need additional tickets or have any questions.
This a very popular concert and an easy sell! Thank you in advance for helping support HCS!
Here’s the link for buying tickets online: https://hcs.yapsody.com/
Share 📲 our concert ticket sales link on social media!
SPRING 2019 FUNDRAISER – RAFFLE BASKETS
The Music from The Movies concert will host a special fundraiser event for HCS! There is much planning under way and many helping hands are needed in key positions to make this event a success. Please consider helping in various ways. Please contact Lane Coco at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are a few ways you can help:
- Help your Section complete an auction basket by donating or soliciting a business you frequent for a donation! Here are the baskets so far:
- SECTION – MOVIE THEME – POC
- S1 – The Breakfast Club – Beth Franklin
- S2 – Under The Tuscan Sun – Carol Thornburg
- A1 – Footloose – Nicole Elliott
- A2 – Titanic – D Comstock
- T1 – (James Bond 007 in) Goldfinger – Charles Thornburg
- T2 – Star Wars – Sean Eary
- B1 – Grease – Gary Kreitz
- B2 – Smokey & The Bandit – Bob Qualley
- Use the Solicitation Letter and Donation Agreement form with every donation and refer to the guidelines for helpful advice:
- Join the Planning Committee – Next meeting will be by conference call on January 29th at 7PM. Please contact Lane Coco at email@example.com for an invitation to this call. Connect through the HCS Google Calendar:
- Chair a subcommittee 😃! Contact Lane.
- Complete a task. Please refer to link to the “Raffle Event Task List’ folder containing a list of all tasks needing to be completed by March 9th. This document is updated in real-time. Please check back often. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wYcgSGaJH0_lpCnJhBfuHafQ9gBP5lVS_txoNQHzXs0
New Member Orientation
If you cannot make Monday, a conference call will be scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 27 at 6:30pm. An invitation will be sent by email.
Section Administrators and Directors Contacts
If you are running late or need to miss rehearsal, please contact your Section Administrators and Directors.
firstname.lastname@example.org – Beth Franklin & Marguerite Lapetina
email@example.com – Riley Oliver & Lauren Rivera
firstname.lastname@example.org – Taylor Brewer & Doug Crowe
email@example.com – George Engelmann & John Rogers
firstname.lastname@example.org – Penny Nelson
email@example.com -Lori Seelhoff
firstname.lastname@example.org – Sean Eary
email@example.com – Bob Romero